Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Refresh

So in January I had almost 400 people view my blog. That was the highest it has ever been. Then the next month it went down to 80. After that it has steadily decreased. I am probably mostly to blame for that because I haven't been keeping up with this.

Well in my life there are lots of things going on right now. I am still teaching in Ostrava with Fishnet, and am now living with 3 other girls who also teach at our school. Erica, Chelsea and Britney. I have lived with Chelsea for 2 years now, and Erica has been here in Ostrava the same amount of time as I have. Britney is new this year and is learning so much about the Czech Republic and teaching English as a foreign language. It reminds me of what it was like when I first moved here.

Teaching is going well. I love my students. I have been so blessed with the opportunity to teach a lot of the same students for the past two years and again this year. The relationships we have developed are truly incredible. I feel as if I could really talk with them about anything. It is definitely true that it takes a while for the Czech people to completely trust someone, but when they do, you are bonded with a friendship rather strong.

David and I have started ministry together in Frydek-Mistek. We are working with about 20 young people. Walking with and teaching them. It is so much fun and gives me a great opportunity to practice my Czech. (not many of them are fluent in English) God has blessed us with this amazing opportunity and I can't wait to see how He uses us to glorify His name.

I will try to keep this updated more and please check out my fundraising thermometer on the right. That is how much I have raised this year. If you feel like God is laying on your heart to give financially (one time or a monthly gift) PLEASE click on the link above called "How do I give?" There you will find all the info you need. All of this money goes to help support me while I am here on the field.

The 2012-2013 Ostrava Team: Erica, Me, Britney and Chelsea

Our family added 2 more in June and will be adding
another one June of next year. :) 

Some of the Czech girls rocking out a "band photo"

Doing some Geocaching in Stromberk. Can you find the hole?
Geocaching is so interesting!


Enjoying "Stromberk ears" with David. 

Doing some serious exploring. Look they had to take off their jackets... :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAILING ADDRESS:
Fishnet s.r.o.
Shelly McMullen
Husova 9
702 00 Ostrava
Czech Republic

Check out my Flikr for more photos!