Sunday, October 2, 2011

An Adventure

So I have started a wonderful feet for myself. An Adventure if you will. I was never much for reading. I always found time to do other things that I felt were more worthy of my time. For example being outside and building things or being adventurous with my friends.

I always wanted to live the adventure rather than read about it. But since I have grown older, I have come to appreciate sitting down with a good book and a warm cup of tea. And the genre of my choice? not other than High Fantasy.

Anyone who knows me, knows that I REALLY appreciate Harry Potter. Well after thoroughly tackling that series...(I now own 2 full complete copies of the books, British and American, all the audio books, and all of the movies) I have decided to tackle another epic series. The Lord of the Rings.

I just finished The Hobbit this past week. I have found that if I take advantage of those times in transition between my adventures to read, I can get a lot of reading done in a day. I have learned one thing from my roommate, Chelsea, take a book with you where ever you go.

So, my goal is to finish the entire Lord of the Rings series by Christmas. So that my friend Hope and Chelsea and I can enjoy the films together. I have not seen a single one, only half of the FOTR because I fell asleep. :) So I hope I fall in love with another high fantasy series and that only spurs me on to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAILING ADDRESS:
Fishnet s.r.o.
Shelly McMullen
Husova 9
702 00 Ostrava
Czech Republic

Check out my Flikr for more photos!