Sunday, January 22, 2012

An Ordained Encounter


I am going to share something a little personal. Most of you have probably seen on Facebook that I am now in a relationship with David. So I decided to update you all on this story of my life.

Little did I know when I was preparing for our English Advent Service set for December 4th what exactly would come from that night. I was excited about having the opportunity to worship through singing Christmas carols that are most dear to my heart and give a taste of home. The Fishnet teachers were all working together to make all of this possible.

The night came and everything was ready. One of my jobs was to pass out the candles at the door as people came in. We were bringing the "candle light service" to the Czech Republic. About 90 people walked through the door and I gave each of them a candle. Most of them said something in Czech to me and I just smiled and nodded.

My friend Marketa came through with her friend David. He said something in Czech and I just smiled and nodded, not understand what he said. I later found out that he asked if it was a cookie. We had the service and afterwards we went to the cafe in our church. I sat down with a table of youth group kids and joined in conversation. Sitting on my right was David. We were introduced and talked with each other the rest of the night.

That night when I got home he had requested me as a friend on Facebook and asked what he could be praying for me. I had captured his attention and we talked and messaged almost every day on Facebook. He invited me to lunch a week and a half after we had met and we sat and talked for 3 hours about where God has taken us and what He is teaching us.

Two weeks after we met (December 18) he came to pick me up for our final advent service. He had a single rose and asked if we could pray and get to know each other better for a month before pursuing a relationship. I was blown away and couldn't believe that God had given me such a man that would honor me and HIM in such a way.

So for the next month we prayed, fasted and hung out. It was very evident to both of us that God was working through this and that He had brought us together. He has been teaching us the same thing and laying the same verses on our hearts.

Well this past Thursday the month was over, and we decided that God is leading us to pursue a relationship with each other and see where it goes. I know that He is in control of all of this and that we can trust Him to lead us in every step as long as we are both seeking Him and what He wants for us.

I am blown away at His faithfulness and love how He chooses to show His love for me through this man. Please pray that God will be glorified through our relationship, and that we will always pursue and seek Him.

2 comments:

MAILING ADDRESS:
Fishnet s.r.o.
Shelly McMullen
Husova 9
702 00 Ostrava
Czech Republic

Check out my Flikr for more photos!