Sunday, January 1, 2012

It's been a while...

Sorry guys, my life has been kind of crazy lately. From doing all the Christmas preparations (decorating, baking, parties, gift buying, advent services) I have neglected to write on my blog.

This Christmas I stuck around here and had a wonderful time! Other than one trip to Vienna and another to West Bohemia (Cheb, CZ) I have had the privilege to deepen my relationships and friendships here. Which is something that I am most grateful for. I know that He is working and it is so much fun to see it and experience it.

I spent Christmas (Dec 24th) with the family of our school's secretary. Kveta has become a woman that I truly love and enjoy talking with, getting advice from, learning from, and sharing life with. She opened her home to me and my roommate Ashley for dinner. It was a lovely evening and I enjoyed every minute of it.

We didn't have carp, which is the traditional dish for Christmas in the Czech Republic. Her husband and son don't like all the bones. We had baked salmon and potato salad. It was really good, and the best part was watching Kveta prepare everything.

We had a church service the following morning and afterwards were invited to have lunch with our church's pastor and his family. We joined 7 other people around a large table and had great conversation over lunch.

Last night we had a New Years Eve fellowship time at our church. I could definitely feel the love of the Body as we sat around talking and sharing and just being together. Generation gaps were filled and everyone was one big family. That is something I love about the Body when it is working together as it should. We are united in one Hope, one Love, and one Savior.

So here are a few pictures from my Christmas.

Ashley and I at the Klamka house

Singing Christmas Carols

Writing in the pastor's visitor book

Our Pastor, Daniel

Watching my nephew open his presents on Christmas 

Trip to Nuremberg after Christmas
 
Rathaus Christmas market in Vienna

2 comments:

  1. I pray for you often Shelly! Love your sweet heart! -Shelly Tindall

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Shelly. I appreciate it, more than you know!!

    ReplyDelete

MAILING ADDRESS:
Fishnet s.r.o.
Shelly McMullen
Husova 9
702 00 Ostrava
Czech Republic

Check out my Flikr for more photos!