Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The "M" word

Living and working here in the Czech Republic comes with added pressure. I am sure all Christians who live over seas feel this pressure. It isn't the fact that we are anyone special or 'above' everyone else in America. We have chosen to listen and accept His calling to live in another country. We are called to experience and get to know a new culture. I have LOVED getting to experience and know the culture of the Czech Republic. In so many ways I feel more comfortable here than I do at home in America.

I think that was His design. He has called all of us to live as 'M's' for His glory and His Kingdom. Go and make disciples. That was His command to ALL of us. Not just the people who move out of America, but every believer everywhere.

This thought definitely takes the pressure off. He has called all of us to share His truth no matter where we are. He just wants me to live out my life in Him here in the Czech Republic. And boy has He blessed me!

Am I truly "working for the Lord and not for men?" That is a much bigger accountability. Am I faithful to everything He wants me to do? Still learning all of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAILING ADDRESS:
Fishnet s.r.o.
Shelly McMullen
Husova 9
702 00 Ostrava
Czech Republic

Check out my Flikr for more photos!