Monday, September 6, 2010

Breaking the Language Barrier

The secretary at Fishnet, Květa speaks very little English. She wants so badly to communicate with us and we want so badly to communicate with her! However, the language barrier definitely gets in the way of such communication.

Enter Google Translator! We have discovered that typing messages into Google Translator has definitely helped up bridge that gap and tear down that barrier. Today she wanted to ask me about how the time at the primary school was. If I liked the teacher and what we did.

I am sitting at my desk and she walks in with her lap top and a google translated message for me. I quickly opened translator on my computer and gave a response. I love it! Communication took place and both were satisfied.

Such is life overseas. So good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAILING ADDRESS:
Fishnet s.r.o.
Shelly McMullen
Husova 9
702 00 Ostrava
Czech Republic

Check out my Flikr for more photos!