Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Love

Love is a many splendid thing, love lifts us up where we belong, all you need is love.

I started this blog post in March of 2011. Thinking back on where I was in my life during that time and where I am now, I can fully see that those words at the top are completely and utterly true.

Love IS a many splendid thing. When someone feels loved, from a significant other, a family member, a friend, a coworker, a student. They have such joy. There are so many different kinds of love. Sometimes I get frustrated with the English language's lack of different words to express different feelings. We say "I love pizza" and "I love YOU" with the same word. I wish there was another word to use.

Love lifts us up where we belong. Love is uplifting and encouraging. "Positive and encouraging..." no, not KLOVE the radio station, but TRUE love that only the creator of Love can give. This love always hopes, never fails, always perseveres, is not jealous, holds no record of wrong, forgives, is everlasting. It takes you to the place that your heart longs to be.

All you need is love. I think it's funny that in the next line in the "elephant medley" Nicole Kidman's character follows this line with "But a girl has got to eat..." What if a man gains the whole world, but forfeits his soul? The love of our Father, the perfect being who knows you inside and out, knows your thoughts before you think them, knows all the hurt and pain and joy and laughter that you have ever had and still LOVES YOU, this love is all that you will ever need! All that any of us ever need. And He has shown me this love through so many different people in the past year.

2011 was definitely a year of His testimony of love. I have experienced each of those things that love is. Read 1 Corinthians 13. Even if you can quote it, really read it. Look at each attribute of love and think about how He has shown you this in your life. So amazing! Really!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MAILING ADDRESS:
Fishnet s.r.o.
Shelly McMullen
Husova 9
702 00 Ostrava
Czech Republic

Check out my Flikr for more photos!